Saturday, August 28, 2010

August Update

We have been busy here lately as the girls have started back to school.


Katelyn and I both LOVE her teacher! She is the best possible kindergarten teacher we could have asked for. I did not know one teacher from another, but had faith that she would end up where she needed to be and that would be the perfect place for her to be challenged as well as well taken care of.

I also have a great deal of respect for the principal at her school. He is always out front when the students arrive in the mornings... opening the doors to each person's car as their parent pulls to the front. He knows most students by name and says good morning to each of them as they arrive. He makes his rounds EACH morning to EVERY classroom to make sure the teachers and students are good to go for the day. He ends each day by coming out of the building, helping the bus riders board their buses and then waving bye to the buses as they pull out. This is the principal, remember, not a staff or faculty member.


Makinley is also doing well at her school. Of course, I am in love with her teacher as well. Kinley had a hard time the first full day, but then she remembered the routine and had a better transition to school from then on. I requested that Makinley get the teacher she has, as this lady cares for Makinley as her own child. She told me she had tears in her eyes as she was writing Makinley's name on her folder and on her bag hook label. We have waited for Makinley to be in this room for two years now!


Other than school, not much new is happening. The girls are still taking gymnastics and excelling in it. Katelyn tried out a dance class last week, which we are still not sure about. I know she likes the aspect of a dance class, but not sure if this is where she needs to be. We will see where that goes.


Katelyn and I went to Dollywood today with Nana, Aunt Nancy and Sydney. Makinley and Daddy stayed at home and hung out with Papo ALL day. They went to Cracker Barrel and then played on the water slide back at the house after that...doesn't get much better than that for little Miss Kinley.


Life is good!





No comments: