Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Makinley's First Gymnastics Class

Makinley was in her first gymnastics class tonight! She did not listen as well as she could have...but as far as doing all the skills, she could not have done better. Miss Jessica was impressed by how she was able to walk down the beam all by herself, her strength for hanging and her ability to jump off of something to land on her feet. Miss Jessica said this class, the 3 year old class is where she needs to be... she thinks Makinley is too skill advanced for the 18 month to 2 class. I love seeing my girls doing gymnastics! I know it will develop their focus and listening skills as well as keep them in shape.




















Oh yeah... this is the first time I put Makinley's hair in a "pony flop", (as Daddy calls it). I think she looks so old with her hair like this. We were sitting at dinner and I looked at Makinley and said, "Makinley, you look like a big girl. Where did my baby go?" She got up from her seat, went to the play room and gave me one of her bay dolls. She said, "Here you go Momma, here is your baby." How sweet... she is growing up too fast and I really do not have a baby anymore, they are both big girls!




















Straddle swing...



































Check out her perfect form during her forward roll on the beam...





1 comment:

Dustin, Caroline and Taylor said...

I see many, many gymnastics meets in our future :)