Friday, January 09, 2009

When You Thought I Wasn’t Looking

I went to the monthly MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) meeting at church this morning. I have only been going since September of last year, but have very much enjoyed and been encouraged by each one I have attended. We were fortunate to be able to hear Sharon Hoffham speak this morning about "Living As Blessed and Not Stressed in 2009". She gave several encouraging words and thoughts for living as christian mothers and wives. She ended with this poem, which I have read before, and thought I would share...

When you thought I wasn't looking,I saw you hang my first picture on the refrigerator, and I wanted to paint another one.
When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you feed a stray cat, and I thought it was good to be kind to animals.
When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you make my favorite cake for me, and I knew that little things are special things.
When you thought I wasn't looking, I heard you say a prayer, and I believed there was a God that I could always talk to.
When you thought I wasn't looking, I felt you kiss me good night, and I felt loved.
When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw tears come from your eyes and I learned that sometimes things hurt, but it's all right to cry.
When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw that you cared and I wanted to be everything that I could be.
When you thought I wasn't looking, I looked....and now I want to say thanks for all the things I saw, when you thought I wasn't looking.

Published anonymously in A 4th Course of Chicken Soup for the Soul.

No comments: